Board Certified Family Law Specialist
Dedicated Los Angeles Attorneys

Frequently Asked Questions

Proudly Helping Families in Los Angeles, CA

During our 19 years of experience, we, the experienced legal team at the Law Offices of Kenneth U. Reyes, APC, have noticed that many of our clients have the same kinds of concerns and questions. To better assist our clients, our divorce attorneys have compiled these questions into a list and provided the answers below. We hope you find this information useful as you move forward with your family law case.

If you have a question that is not answered below, call (213) 798-4854 to schedule an appointment.

What does it mean to be a Certified Family Law Specialist (CFLS)?

Our firm's founder is a Certified Family Law Specialist (CFLS) by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. In order to obtain this form of specialization, he must have taken and passed a written examination in family law, demonstrated a high level of experience in family law, and fulfilled an ongoing education requirement.

He also needed favorable peer evaluations from other attorneys and judges familiar with his work. This specialization is a testament to Attorney Reyes' solid insight regarding family law. His knowledgeable guidance could make all of the difference in your case.

How can having a lawyer with former CPA experience help me?

Before becoming a lawyer, Attorney Reyes was a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). To be a CPA, one has to pass the rigorous three-day CPA exam and satisfy the auditing and public accounting experience requirement of the California Board of Accountancy.

His former CPA experience serves as a strategic advantage in complex, high net-worth family law cases involving the characterization, valuation, and division of community property as well as its tax consequences. We can provide you with a cost-effective strategy suitable to your legal matter.

I wish to file for divorce but I fear for my safety. What are my options?

If you fear for your safety, it is imperative that you take legal action. By being proactive, you could ensure the safety for yourself and your family. You should consider filing a restraining order with our help.

I need to file for child support but the father of my child claims he is not the father. What can I do?

In these kinds of cases, paternity can be established through DNA testing and blood tests. Our legal team can help you establish paternity so you can obtain the financial support you need.

Why should I hire the Law Offices of Kenneth U. Reyes, APC to handle my case?

Because we are passionate about what we do and we truly care about our clients. Our level of experience and dedication is unparalleled. When it comes to helping our clients obtain the favorable results they desire, we are relentless.

Call the Law Offices of Kenneth U. Reyes, APC at (213) 798-4854.

We would be happy to provide you with the answers you need to move forward with your case.

If your question was not answered above, please do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible.

Client Testimonials

  • “Her kind and gentle voice are enough to reassure you "this too will pass".”


  • “I can finally say now that my husband's dream to become a US citizen came true today March 6, 2016.”


  • “No words to say but a big "Thank You" for all the help and confidence you gave me.”


  • “I would highly recommend the services of Kenneth Reyes Law Firm.”

    Martha R.

  • “Consultation is answered swiftly (same day inquiry and feedback), provides assistance in every step of the way, application is processed promptly.”


Why Choose Our Firm?

  1. Board-Certified Family Law Specialist
  2. Over 20 Years of Legal Experience
  3. Award-Winning Certified Public Accountant
  4. Regularly Published Legal Professional
  5. Highly Involved in the Filipino Community
  6. Fluent in English, Spanish, Tagalog, and Bicol
Use this form to set up your consultation.
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.