Dedicated Family Lawyers
Los Angeles Uncontested Divorce Attorney
Assisting Clients Through Uncontested Divorces in California
Are you seeking a swift, straightforward, and cost-effective way to dissolve your marriage? The Law Offices of Kenneth U. Reyes, APC, is here to guide you through the process of uncontested divorce. We understand that ending a marriage is a difficult decision, but we can make the legal aspect as smooth and stress-free as possible. As your Los Angeles uncontested divorce attorney, we are dedicated to providing you with the legal support and expertise you need to navigate this challenging time.
Call the Law Offices of Kenneth U. Reyes, APC, today at (213) 798-4854 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our uncontested divorce lawyer in Los Angeles.
What is an Uncontested Divorce?
An uncontested divorce, also known as a simple or no-fault divorce, is a process in which both spouses agree on all elements of the divorce without the need for a court trial. This type of divorce is typically more amicable and less adversarial than a contested divorce. Uncontested divorce proceedings are characterized by mutual cooperation, understanding, and a willingness to reach an agreement on key issues, such as:
- Division of Property and Assets: In an uncontested divorce, you and your partner will work together to determine how your property, assets, and debts should be divided. This often includes real estate, bank accounts, investments, and personal belongings.
- Child Custody and Support: If you have children, you'll need to establish custody arrangements and determine child support payments. An uncontested divorce allows parents to create a parenting plan that suits the best interests of their children.
- Alimony or Spousal Support: The agreement may involve deciding whether one spouse will provide financial support to the other and, if so, the terms and duration of that support.
- Other Relevant Matters: Any other issues specific to your situation, such as the division of business interests, retirement accounts, or other assets, can also be settled amicably through negotiation.
To qualify for an uncontested divorce in California, you must meet the following requirements:
- Residency Requirements: At least one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state of California for at least six months and a resident of the county where you plan to file for divorce for at least three months.
- Grounds for Divorce: California is considered a no-fault divorce state, which means that neither partner is required to prove fault or wrongdoing to obtain a divorce. You can simply state that "irreconcilable differences" have led to the breakdown of the marriage.
- Full Agreement: To proceed with an uncontested divorce, you and your spouse must agree on all aspects of the divorce, which includes property division, child custody, visitation, child support, and spousal support. Any unresolved issues may lead to a contested divorce.
- Legal Assistance: While uncontested divorces are typically less contentious, it is still advisable to seek the assistance of an experienced Los Angeles uncontested divorce attorney to ensure that all legal requirements have been met and that your rights and interests are protected throughout the process.
- Filing the Divorce Petition: The divorce process begins with one partner filing a Petition for Divorce. The other spouse must then respond to the petition. Both parties must complete and submit financial disclosures to the court.
- Judicial Review: The court will review the divorce papers and may request additional information or clarification if needed. If everything is in order, the court will issue a judgment to finalize the divorce.
“Never did we feel that the office treated us like mere clients. We truly felt partners throughout the process.” - J.C.
“Everyone was very attentive and accommodating. I truly recommend him and his firm.” - M.Z.
“level-headed and professional” - J.C.
“He also helped me with my petition for my wife and my youngest son. They are now here in California with me.” - R.L.
Our uncontested divorce attorney in Los Angeles is dedicated to providing personalized and professional legal support throughout your divorce process. We understand that the emotional challenges of ending a marriage can be overwhelming, and we are here to help you navigate the legal aspects with ease. Contact the Law Offices of Kenneth U. Reyes, APC, today to start your uncontested divorce journey with an experienced and compassionate attorney by your side.
Contact the Law Offices of Kenneth U. Reyes, APC, today to get started with our Los Angeles uncontested divorce attorney.