Kenneth U. Reyes, P.C Legal Blog Know Your Rights & Legal Options

Blog Posts in 2016

  • Can I Get Reimbursed For My Separate Property Contribution From All Subsequent Community Properties Purchased During Marriage?

    Question: I contributed money which I saved before the marriage into purchasing a property during the marriage which I acquired with my spouse in joint name. During the marriage we cashed out most of the equity in that house to purchase several properties. The first house we purchased no longer has a lot of equity due to the cash out refi but the subsequent houses we purchased has a lot of equity. ...
    Continue Reading
  • Provisional Waiver of Unlawful Presence Bar expanded to cover more Immigrants

    The USCIS announced the final rule expanding the existing provisional waiver to allow certain family members of US Citizens and lawful permanent residents to apply for the provisional waiver of unlawful presence. 8 CFR Parts 103 and 212. The final rule goes on effect on August 29, 2016. Prior to this expanded rule, only immediate relatives of US Citizens were eligible to request provisional waiver ...
    Continue Reading
  • Disclosure Of Text Messages, E-Mails, And Facebook Info Of A Spouse Or Significant Other May Constitute Domestic Violence

    Domestic violence is abuse perpetrated against a spouse, former spouse, cohabitant, former cohabitant, a girlfriend, a boyfriend, the mother or father of your child, your child. Family Code Section 6211. Abuse is not limited to the actual infliction of physical injury or assault. Family Code, § 6203(b). A court may issue an order enjoining specific acts of “abuse” (§ 6218, subd. (a)), which are ...
    Continue Reading
  • Domestic violence victims can terminate tenancy

    VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CAN TERMINATE A LEASE ON WRITTEN NOTICE TO THE LANDLORD A tenant may terminate his or her tenancy on written notice to the landlord that the tenant, or a household member, is a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, human trafficking or elder or dependent adult abuse . Civil Code § 1946.7 Code of Civil Procedure Section 1946.7 provides (a) A tenant may ...
    Continue Reading
  • I filed my own divorce but I am having problems finishing it

    Many people try to file and open their own divorce case without an attorney in an effort to save on legal fees. Often, the self-represented divorce litigant would seek the assistance of the court facilitator’s office in preparing the papers to open their own divorce case. However once the divorce case is opened, many self-represented petitioners are not able to finish their divorce case to ...
    Continue Reading
Page 1 of 1

Contact the Law Offices of Kenneth U. Reyes, P.C.

Safeguard The Future Of Your Family

  • Please enter your name.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.